Former Secretary of State Mike Pompeo, questioned the role of the World Health Organization after it made the decision to dismiss the investigation into the origin of the virus in a Wuhan laboratory, being described by investigators as “extremely improbable.”

“I must say the reason we left the World Health Organization was because we came to believe that it was corrupt,” Pompeo said during an interview on Fox News’ “America’s Newsroom.”

Former secretary of state skeptical of WHO findings in China 

For the former secretary of state said that “nothing” has changed his belief that the virus came from a laboratory in Wuhan, emphasizing that “there is significant evidence” that corroborates that theory. 

However he said the politically influenced U.N. went all the way to China to “kneel to General Secretary Xi Jinping in China.”

Pompeo was skeptical of the latest statements from the WHO team of investigators, which reinforced the idea that the virus had been transported from overseas to Wuhan, appearing for the first time in frozen products.

“I will look forward to seeing their reports and analysis. But I don’t believe it’s the case that they got the access that they needed,” Pompeo said.

According to The Telegraph, the WHO team of experts said the evidence points to the virus having been transmitted from animals to humans. They have also considered the likelihood that the virus was introduced from outside, such a theory represents efforts by Chinese communist officials interested in diverting attention from a possible origin of the CCP (Chinese Communist Party) Virus in China.

“I hope they got to see all the data, all the science, into the lab, talk to the doctors, interview them in private, in places where they could actually tell the truth about what took place,” Pompeo said. “Not under the supervision of a Communist Party person sitting in the back of the room making sure that they toed the Communist Party line. I look forward to seeing their results. I continue to know that there was significant evidence that this may well have come from that laboratory.”

Why the delay?

It should be recalled that last year, the Chinese Communist Party prevented WHO investigators from entering Wuhan for several months and The WHO team was only allowed into China in mid-January of this year.

During the last days of the Trump administration, Pomeo said that at the Wuhan lab, classified research, including experiments on laboratory animals, had been conducted on behalf of the Chinese military since at least 2017, emphasizing the relevance of such research to finding the source of the CCP Virus.

The CCP has insisted that a U.S. investigation of the virus be addressed. According to a report in the Global Times, a propaganda newspaper financed by the CCP, Chinese Foreign Ministry spokesman Wang Wenbin suggested to the WHO that it should now investigate the origin of the virus in the United States.

Ambassador Cui Tiankai claimed that there is no evidence that the virus had escaped from a Wuhan lab

On Feb. 7, China’s ambassador to the United States, Cui Tiankai, said during an interview with CNN that there was no evidence that the virus had escaped from a Wuhan laboratory, adding that it was necessary to continue global monitoring to trace the origin of the virus.

Meanwhile, Pompeo urged the Biden administration to remain vigilant about the threat from the CCP.

“We shouldn’t worry about General Xi Jinping’s feelings,” Pompeo said. “We should worry about protecting the American people (…) We have to confront the challenge that the Chinese Communis Party is presenting to America and to the world.”

Sign up to receive our latest news!

  • SMS / PHONE

    By submitting this form, I agree to the terms.