Claire Vickers, 46, and her friend Barry Douglas, 44, were trapped on a waterslide for two hours, with Vickers injuring her ankle and Douglas breaking both ankles and his fibula. Viewers were displeased after the couple vowed to sue the facility after drunkenly riding one of the attractions after breaking into the facility.

The two were stuck within the flume tube for two hours, writhing in agony and screaming for assistance. They were eventually rescued by police officers who had attended to complaints of “kids messing about,” according to The Sun.

“We’re idiots—let that be a lesson,” Vickers, a former bartender, added.” I couldn’t think straight as the pain was excruciating,” she said. It looked like something out of a horror movie.

“I looked over at Barry. He was in the foetal position and silent. That’s when I thought we were both going to die.”

Vickers had been drunk earlier in the day, spending four hours in the bar before meeting Mr Douglas for further drinks at his house. The two decided to take a plunge in the pool at the lido when they were inebriated. Vickers poured water from a foot bath down the dry water slide while they wriggled their way beneath a fence.

Douglas wrapped his legs around her as she sat down then began sliding down together. They had no idea of the barrier until they were going down the tube at top speed.

Vickers’ shin was snapped through the flesh as they slammed into it feet first. Her left foot had all of its bones shattered.

She screamed for assistance as she slammed her head on the tube’s wall. “I nearly went head first—I would have been killed,” Vickers exclaimed.

“Every time I banged, I let go of my foot and my shin and more blood came out.” Douglas, a forklift driver, shattered both his ankles and his left leg. The anguish was “unbearable,” he said.

The couple were brought to Frimley Park Hospital in Camberley, Surrey. After an excruciating wait for aid, but were subsequently transferred to St George’s Hospital in Tooting, South London.

Gran-of-two Vickers was in hospital for two and a half weeks, and doctors have warned her she won’t be able to walk for another six weeks.

There will be no legal action taken against the couple, who have chosen to share their experience as a warning to others. The lido’s operator, Rushmoor Borough Council, refuses to comment since the “investigations are ongoing.”

Sign up to receive our latest news!


    By submitting this form, I agree to the terms.